Blogging began several years ago as a tool for writers and individuals to share their thoughts on personal topics and ideas.
Since then it has evolved into a marketing tool for businesses of all types to publish content for readers, as well as for search engines.
Here are a few tips on how to blog for business on your website.
Often businesses stress concern as to who will write their blog posts and what will they write about.
Be sure to use all resources within the company from the Marketing Department, R&D, Customer Service Department t0 Management. Start with content based on what your clients and prospects are looking for.
- Write relevant and intriguing articles that share in-depth information about a product or service, adding keywords that may be used to search for you. Using key words in your article will help with your search engine rankings (words related to your business that are included in search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing)!
- Think about the questions and concerns customers call, email, or ask you in person regarding your products and services. Write articles that address these questions, giving visitors to your site the answers they are looking for.
- Use your blog posts to educate current and prospective clients. You can even write articles on topics not directly related to your products or services, but in the area of business you work in.
- Use the blog to share your knowledge and expertise as this provides a sense of trust and loyalty for those looking to buy from you.
- Share links to other web and social media sites, providing more information regarding your article topic.
- Be consistent in your writing and always portray a professional image.
Lastly, write your blog articles as often as you can make time to, knowing that people are searching for information as we speak. Set a time aside just for your blog writing and research. I like to head out on a walk to write my blog articles using the WordPress ap on my Android phone. I find the uninterrupted quite time allows me to get my writing done on a consistent basis.
Once you have published a blog article, use other social media tools like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to share that blog post. Just provide a link to your article and a bit of information on the topic, sending readers back to your website to learn more!
Blogging for business can bring awareness to your brand, provide information clients and prospects are looking for, and will help with search engine optimization and rankings. If you have not already started, there’s no better time than now!