The bottom line is, having data policies are essential documents that must be included on your website. Your website should include, at a minimum, these policies where applicable to the services you provide through your website:
- Terms & Conditions
- End User License Agreements
Importance of Having Privacy Policies on your Website
- Reason #1 is pretty obvious, to protect your business from any fines or lawsuits. But there are several other reasons that you may not have thought of.
- Reason #2 is to improve customer relationships. These pages serve as contracts between you and visitors to your website. Being transparent and up front can help increase positive customer relationships.
- Reason #3 is to improve customer experience. You can specify the ground rules, what is allowed and what isn’t, and what are the consequences and for breaking them. For example, foul language and spamming are not allowed, or your account can be deleted. Make your website a positive, welcoming space.
- Reason #4 is to inform your visitors. Remind them that you are the owner of your website content (including pictures), company logo, etc., and that they can’t be used without your permission. Include your copyright and trademark information.
Options to get the Right Policies Added to your Website
You know you need policies but you may not be sure what your policies should include or which policies are needed for your business. There are options available depending on your needs.
- Use a tool that writes and updates your policies automatically when laws change (written and updated by real software attorneys… not robots).
*As a rule, we always suggest you consult with your lawyer for accurate and legal review of your policies.
Benefits of Using Software that Automatically Updates
There are several benefits to creating website policies that include the specific software, plugins on your website and automatically update with the changes to laws.
- You can easily include website data policies, whether you have an informational website, eCommerce or mobile app.
- When you embed our policy services onto a website, it will automatically be updated whenever the law changes.
- Want to edit parts of the agreement? No problem, each section, when manually edited, remains intact, regardless of future updates.
- The law is constantly changing, and keeping a constant eye on when you need to update a policy can be daunting. Save yourself time and money. The policies update automatically whenever changes need to be made.
Stay in Compliance – Our Care Plan Cares for You!
Never worry about what new laws are going into place and if your website is complaint. Partner with us! We now offer Written Terms and Conditions Policies (automatically updated whenever laws change) as part of our Website Care Plan packages. We’ll setup and install your policies and keep your website up-to-date with all of the policy laws as they go into effect.
If you’re a Care Plan member and would like assistance in adding these pages to your website, send us a request through your support portal!
If you’re not part of our Website Care Plan, now is a great time to join with no long term contract! We’ll work with you get your website up to speed.
Click to find out more about the features of our Care Plan options.
Have questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out.