Are you looking to increase traffic to your website and appear higher than your competition in search rankings? What business isn’t? Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the key to more clicks, relevant visitors to your business website, and higher search rankings.
Knowing the best way to dive into SEO for your business will make all the difference to your success. Follow these basic guidelines as you begin the process of reviewing and optimizing SEO on your business website.
BENEFITS OF SEO FOR BUSINESS
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, comes into play when your client base uses sites like Google and Bing to search for items or information. Search engines rank websites based on an algorithm that is affected largely by the proper use of SEO tools.
SEO is an effective digital marketing tool and should be part of your marketing plan. It brings in more customers via organic search, can help you reach your target market, and opens the door for customers to start building a relationship with your brand.
Claiming a top spot in search ranking can give you instant authority over other businesses in your niche. This, in turn, reinforces your ability to improve how users perceive your site. In business, so few things can be planned. SEO helps you be more proactive.
Remember that you are not only an owner and an entrepreneur but also a brand. And these days, brand awareness is king. SEO and rankings give you a new lease on brand recognition.
SEO BEST PRACTICES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Now that you know that SEO can benefit your business, you may be asking yourself, “What are search engines looking for?” Following these SEO tips can help your business website be found by search engines.
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS TO OPTIMIZE SEO ON YOUR BUSINESS WEBSITE:
- Do some keyword research to determine what your customers are searching for that your business provides.
- Include keywords and phrases on all of your landing pages.
- Ensure that keywords are included in the heading text on your pages.
- Include location information (city, state) with keywords across your landing page. This is especially important for local businesses looking for local search traffic.
- Complete on-page SEO for each of your website pages.
- Add keywords into photo ALT text when applicable.
- Publish informative, keyword-rich blogs or articles on your site consistently.
- Obtain backlinks from other respectable sites.
- Avoid keyword stuffing, or adding tons of keywords into your content where they don’t fit, just for SEO purposes. This can create a negative user experience and lower your search ranking.
- Make sure you claim your listing on Google Business Profile. It is free and will give anyone searching for you all the information you wish to share. We recommend pictures and reviews as well when adding details to your Google Business Profile data.
- Ask your customers how they found your business. Did they do it through a search engine or social media? This can be useful information.
GET STARTED WITH SEO
While patience is not the name of the game when online searches are involved, it is when waiting for SEO to make a difference for your business. This investment takes time to blossom for any business. If you are launching a new website or product or running a very small niche operation it can take additional time to gain momentum. Be patient, enhancing your on-page SEO will be well worth the effort.
Ready to get more traffic from Google and other search engines? Need help getting started? Contact our team today! Together we can build your SEO strategy.
LET'S ASSESS YOUR WEBSITE AND SEO OPPORTUNITIES
Get your comprehensive and customized complimentary website and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) audit report.