Let’s start by asking this…do you have a smartphone or tablet? Chances are the answer is yes. Well, so do your potential customers and they’re searching for products and services and visiting websites on their mobile devices. That being said, you want your website to pop up in these searches and look great and be functional across all devices. Right!? That’s where a mobile responsive website design comes in.
What is a Mobile Responsive Website?
A mobile responsive website is simply a website that looks great and functions well over all devices. Responsive websites respond to the screen size of the device, creating a positive user experience. Happy customers will remain on your site longer, frustrated customers will move on.
Is My Site Mobile Friendly?
Depending on the age of your website, it may already be mobile friendly. Click here to check if your website is considered mobile-friendly by Google. Why is this important? Recently Google announced that they are going to be boosting the effects of their mobile friendly algorithm. Which means that mobile friendly sites will experience better search rankings and websites that are not will find themselves losing rank in Google’s mobile search results. Google has made it crystal clear that websites should be mobile responsive.
Why is a Mobile Responsive Site Beneficial?
There are several benefits to having a mobile responsive website for your business in addition to search engine optimization discussed above. Here are the top 5 reasons, supported by some statistics that you can’t ignore.
- Mobile usage continues to grow at a rapid rate. 31% of global internet page views occur on mobile devices. As mobile usage continues to increase, so does the need for a mobile friendly site. Don’t miss reaching these important visitors!
- We live in a “right now” world. Visitors expect your site to load fast and if it doesn’t they will find a site that does. 57% of your website visitors will abandon your page if its load time is 3 seconds or more. Meet visitors expectations!
- Customers want to work with a forward thinking company. 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience. Set yourself apart!
- Social media and mobile go hand in hand. 55% of social media consumption happens on a mobile device. If you’re linking to your website across your local channels, and we hope you are, then you need to make sure that when they click on that link it brings them to a mobile friendly site. Harness the benefit of social media!
- New phones and devices are released very frequently. Just when you think you’ve got the newest “it” device, another bigger, better version I release. The good news is, mobile responsive websites will look great on these new devices too! Embrace the future!
Why is Customer Experience Important?
Even more important than a Google pleasing website is the experience your visitors have when browsing your website. Think about it…you measure customer satisfaction in other areas. A positive website experience is just as important.
It’s also important for your website visitors to be able to quickly and easily find the information they’re looking for. Having to zoom in and out or scroll side to side to view your information on a mobile device is inconvenient and hard on the eyes. Using mobile responsive website design ensures that your website is visually stimulating, that the layout is simple to use and loads at a reasonable speed across all devices.
How Can I Make My Site Mobile Friendly?
Now that you know the facts about mobile responsive design and why it’s beneficial, you might wonder…what is the next step? In some cases a plugin can be used to make your site mobile friendly. But the best way to ensure that your site is gaining all the benefits that a mobile responsive site has to offer is with mobile responsive coding, which can mean a website redesign or build. Of course, a website redesign has numerous additional benefits a well.
What to learn what the best option is for your website? Contact us! We’d be happy to help. Happy browsing!