Start Selling Online!
Are you looking for an avenue to gain additional income for your business? Start selling online! That’s right! Think about it, many people are looking for ways to support local and small businesses like yours. Give your supporters and potential customers a way to buy your products or services online.
If you already have a WordPress site, adding an eCommerce option is a pretty quick process that we will work together with you to complete. Get ready to get your business online!
Together we’ll help you select the best eCommerce tools for your website, those that fit your business needs. Here are just a few of the perks that our eCommerce solution provides:
- Customized options to fit your unique needs. Our eCommerce solutions offer a variety of extensions for shipping, marketing, accounting, and more. We can offer suggestions based on your business as to which extensions would benefit your business.
- Ability to sell physical or digital products or services. You can sell your physical products as well as digital gift cards, downloads, online services, and more!
- Ability to collect online payments. We can help you set up a payment gateway, like PayPal, that offers your customers a secure method to pay online.
- Receive training, support, and instructions. The RVT Solutions team can help support our team and offer training videos on how to manage your site after it is launched.
Build an Online Store right on Your WordPress Website
If you already have an existing WordPress website, we can easily install our eCommerce solution right on your site transforming it into an online store. Here are the steps that we follow.
1. We’ll install and configure your eCommerce store on your current website.
We’ll get your business ready to start selling products right on your current website using your existing domain.
2. Add your products and categories
Next, we’ll add your products or services. But before we can add your products, you will need photos and product descriptions. Product descriptions should be clear and informative, and tell your customers what using this product can do for them!
Another topic that we will discuss is product categories and store structure. How would your products be best categorized to make shopping easier for your customers? Maybe it’s by size, type, style, or price. We’ll come up with a plan that is right for your online store.
Once the online store is live, we’ll train your team on how to add future products and categories with video trainings. Good news, creating a product is similar to creating a post or page in WordPress and is quite easy. You just need to add some additional details like the product price and description.
3. Memberships and Courses
The next step is determining if you plan to sell services like memberships or online courses. If so, we can set up your site to accommodate what you need. Here are a few examples of what this might look like. These examples can help spark your creativity and determine if any of these services are right for our business.
4. We’ll create a store page and other landing pages
The final step is to display your products and services on your site is setting up your page structure. The RVT team will set up your online store based on the vision that we’ve worked with your team to create.
Getting Orders to Customers
How will you get orders to your customers? Together we can help you choose a carrier and determine shipping costs or set up delivery or pick-up times options. Once these decisions are made, we can set up shipping options and costs on your site. We can easily set these up options to fit your unique needs.
Promoting Your Online Store
Your site is up and running. Yay! Now you need to get the word out. Here are ways to promote your online store.
- Create a video showing customers around the store
- Send emails launching your new store opening
- Write a blog post introducing the store offerings and benefits
- Promote the store on social media platforms
- Offer a discount code to top supporters or new customers
- Highlight new products and link to them
- Add a section to your homepage linking to the store and products
- Add links to products in your website page content where it applies
- Ask for reviews as your site takes off
- Encourage repeat business with good customers service and offers
The possibilities are endless! Be creative and enjoy sharing the good news about our site.
Enjoy Sales & Success!
Launching your new eCommerce store will be an exciting adventure! We hope that this information was helpful and will encourage you to start selling online. Never fear, we are here to guide you to success. Just reach out to our team to get started.